Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 2 September 2014

September brings new opportunities and new challenges

Hello my lovely readers J
Just back from a great week in the Netherlands! I won’t lie long distance relationships are HARD but when you finally get to see the person it is all worthwhile!
I also had my Irish oral exam with college last week and it went great so that definitely has kept me in high spirits all week J
Also stood on the scales this morning with my usual fear of ‘’OH MA GAWWD I bet I’ve gained another 10lbs as usual’’ and wanna know what I did a happy dance I’m up like 3lbs…3 frickin lbs! That to me is amazing J J I won’t lie I had a few too many ‘share’ chocolate bars which I so obviously didn’t share! But most of the meals I ate were free or almost free on Slimming World EE/ Weight Watchers f&h so in reality I went off track only abit so BOO YA happy days J
 
 
By the way this seriously was the best way to spend my Friday night ;)
 
Anywho, September 2nd already, it is crazy how fast the year goes by! Soon enough we will be planning for Christmas and then New Years and then we’ll be into 2015!
Personally I’m happy to welcome September in! As much as I enjoyed my Summer it was just abit too hectic for me in terms of monitoring my weight and doing my usual exercise! I like getting back into a routine!
September is the start of a hectic few months for me – I have my second teacher practice starting in just 3 weeks and it will last for 5 weeks! Before and after that I’m back to work in my local Primary school *starting tomorrow*. I won’t lie I’m excited about getting stuck into my workload as it means I am getting closer to finishing!
Hell all I have to do before I finish in April 2015 is complete:
·         3 weeks of classroom observations
·         10 weeks of teaching practice
·         1 project
·         1 Irish exam
I mean four items to tick off the list and then I am FREE. Well maybe not free but free from college, but then the real life decisions need to be made and some I am not looking forward to but that’s life I suppose and not all decisions can be easy to make.
Anyway there is a point to this post I promise you I’m not just going to rant and rave on *Okay slight lie I will rant and rave but for a purpose* J
 
So anyway September brings about the start of Autumn *well technically August did but we all deny it and say it is still Summer*.
The lovely trees that began blooming in Spring with beautiful leaves are not beginning to change colour and soon the trees will be bare but before long the cycle will begin again! Just like us! January 1st brings about lots of resolutions to become a better person to lose weight etc and for many people by June the resolutions have fallen to the side and by Winter they are regretting the choices they made and plan a new set of resolutions for the coming year, a life cycle just like that of the beautiful trees.
Not sticking to resolutions is not a sign of weakness it can just be a sign that we made resolutions that are just a tad unrealistic. I mean I’d never stick to a resolution if I set myself a challenge of loosing 4lbs a week or something unattainable like that! Set small challenges for yourself and you will succeed.
So anyway I’m calling on all you lovely people to make a challenge for yourself for the month of September *or from now until Christmas* J
Like I mentioned earlier September is bringing a routine back into my life which I love. With this normal routine in mind I’d love to set myself a separate challenge from now until December 31st . I’d like to see myself back to where I was or as close as possible to my lightest weight which was in fact December 2013. Now if I don’ achieve it I’ll get over it, I might be aiming a little too high considering I’ve a lot of college work as well as life commitments to deal with but God loves a tryer! J
I’ve another family wedding the end of December just like last December, with the same family that saw me at my lightest and flooded me with compliments and well if I’m honest I’ll be dammed if I’m turning up to that wedding not looking as good as I did last year! So if that isn’t motivation I don’t know what is!
Anyway sorry back to my September challenge, I get a bit carried away I know :P I’m not setting myself a number of lbs to lose as that stresses me out instead it is all little habits I want to change or get back into! I’m already a great water drinker but if you are not set yourself the challenge of drinking 2lt of some good old H2O a day!
 
 
For me my September challenge is:
 1.       Zumba twice a week (Highly achievable) *The last 8 days of September will be difficult with TP but I will try my best*
2.       Gym 3 times a week (I got lazy recently so 3 times a week will be a good achievable number) *The last 8 days of September will be difficult with TP but I will try my best*
5.       Ensure I run 2 times a week (At the gym – treadmill)
3.       Say something positive about myself everyday (even if I feel I look like a bloated pregnant heifer)
 
 
So there is it my challenge for September. As I said I will be try my best to achieve all my targets. I particularly like my 3rd point as I can be a very negative person when it comes to me. I judge every aspect of my body and appearance. I will put myself down many times. I guess many people would say low self-esteem. Don’t get me wrong tho in front of other people I will not put myself down, in front of other people I seem to ooze confidence which in fact is all an act! But while I might criticize myself I will never allow other people the opportunity to do that to do!
 
Anyway so my rant has come to an end. I have to go and plan lots of teaching related stuff :)
I hope you all will set yourself some form of a challenge for the month ahead, it doesn’t have to be weight or exercise related it can be anything :) I’d love to hear about the challenge you decide on also J
Until next time,
Grá J

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment